A lot of things are happening here in the Cloud and we’re all pretty excited! First of all, we’d like to welcome the new member of the SC crew: Sean Treadway. This kick-ass programmer has joined us since a few days and his input has already been amazing. Expect an interview with Sean really soon. This week sees the release of the Louie version of our site, named after the incomparable Louie Austen. We’re currently tracking him down to send him an invite so we hope to have soon the world’s coolest crooner on SoundCloud. We’re also glad to now count legendary producer Howie B as an artist on the site. He has put up a bunch of demos and unreleased tracks for you to enjoy! Concerning the platform, we hope you’re enjoying the little extras we’ve added recently (the “unheard” marker, the digest e-mail, the graphic relift of the dashboard, the overall better pagination). To thank you for all the massive support you’ve showed us, we’re working on a surprise feature for the next release. Believe us, you’ll love it. The SC crew hopes you will enjoy our Louie release!
Happy new year everybody! The SoundCloud team was scattered all over the world this Christmas, from Tokyo to San Francisco via Stockholm or Geneva, but we’re now back in our Berlin HQ and we’ve just (at 7am…) finished a release dedicated to the one and only Farah. So what are the latest improvements to the Cloud?
- We moved the whole site to bigger and better servers.
- The whole messaging system has been reworked and it’s now possible to have nice threaded conversations.
- You can choose to receive a digest e-mail that condenses a daily or weekly update of all the notifications you want to know about (messages, comments, adds, etc…). You can still choose what, if any, stuff you want to get email notifications about right away.
- We’ve redesigned the Dashboard a bit, making it cleaner, tighter and generally easier to use.
- The e-mail system has been improved so you’ll now get mails with direct links that are much easier to read.
- The pagination is smoother (e.g. after playing all the tracks on a page, the player automatically shifts to the next page and starts playing the tracks there)
- And, as usual, much more!
We hope you’ll enjoy our Farah release!