What time of the week is it? That’s right, it’s Tumblr recap time! As per usual, you’ll be able to find an outline below of what happened on our Tumblr blog last week.
- The RJD2 Remix winner was announced! Congratulations once more to Paolo Palazzo. Hear his excellent remix below!
- Beach House released a new song from their iTune Sessions EP called “White Moon”. You can have a listen below.
- The Count & Sinden started streaming their entire new album, Mega Mega Mega! It’s the club duo’s debut and you can hear it all below or on Domino Records’ SoundCloud page!
- AmpKit (the iPhone app) allows you to record guitar sounds & effects straight to your iPhone. And now, you can share those sounds directly to SoundCloud! Learn more about it here.
- Oh, look! It’s SoundCloud founder/CEO, Alex Ljung! Last week, he made it into Billboard’s Top 30 Power Players Under 30. Here’s a peek of what was said…(click this link to read the entire blurb).
- SoundCloud founder/CEO Alexander Ljung, 28, says he wants his company, which launched in 2007, to do for music files and musicians what Flickr did for photos and photographers. Given the service’s rising popularity, that’s an apt comparison. “The growth has been phenomenal,” he says. “We’ve gone from unknown to one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing audio platforms in 18 months.
- Yay for praise! SoundCloud is one of Julius Ylitalo’s Top 5 essential online tools. Check out the nice quote below!
- Enter SoundCloud, a dead-simple and beautiful way to move music from me to my listeners but also to people I work with on a daily basis.
- Sentric Music, a group on SoundCloud, is a place where users can upload their tracks and get the chance to be upgraded to a Lite account. Antonio Lulić was the winner this month. Check out how he uses SoundCloud.
- Local Natives hit up SoundCloud!
- It’s remix time (again)! Grovesnor from Hot Chip announced his remix competition last week. The winner receives a release on Lo Recordings and a Pro account! Find out more here.
- Got a question? Shoot! :)
- Our web developers now have a blog called SoundCloud Backstage. Learn what it’s like under the hood here at the ‘Cloud!
- Do you have a cool SoundCloud story? If you do, we want to hear it. Please tell us via our Ask page on Tumblr!
- Pay what you want for Camel Audio‘s sound library called Planet Earth. Additionally, 50% of the proceeds will go to charity! But there’s only one day left to do this so check out the library below and head on over to their site to get some tunes.
That’s all for now! Next week, we’ll have more goodies for you to listen to, find out about and in general, just enjoy!