Lots of streaming on SoundCloud this past week! Not only do we have that for your ears, but we also have a nice article and a remix competition for you to see/check out. Let’s not delay any further and get started!
- Australian band, The Black Ryder, is streaming their album, Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride, on SoundCloud. Have a listen below!
- Go on and remix Pendulum’s track “The Island”! Enter it in this competition for a chance to win a major label release, £500 cash, £150 worth of Juno Download vouchers, and a Pro account! Get all the details here!
- Listen to the new album by No Age via Sub Pop’s SoundCloud page! It’s also exclusively streaming over at The Guardian!
- Another album stream! New York based rapper, Hoodie Allen, released Pep Rally last week. You can hear the album in its entirety below or check out his page!
- If you’re a Gowalla user and are planning on seeing Jimmy Eat World during their upcoming tour, check out this cool new app powered by SoundCloud and Gowalla. When you check in to a location, you get a free download. Learn more here! And just as a bonus to this blurb, listen to a live version of “Goodbye Sky Harbor” below!
- NME magazine gave SoundCloud some sincere love on Friday. Here’s a quote from their post:
This has come off sounding a little like a press release. It’s not meant to. They’re not paying me or anything. I just thought it was time to shine some light on a music service that has picked up an enormous number of users, without attracting much – yet – in the way of media hype.
You can read the entire blog post here! :)
That’s it for now. Hope you enjoyed the recap!