Welcome to the new week! In case you might have missed it, here is what we featured last week on our Tumblr blog. Check it out below:
- A few weekends ago adidas originals Sweden visited SoundCloud founders Alex & Eric on a sunny Saturday afternoon in Berlin. They look back at how and why SoundCloud got started and talk about about startups to a group of entrepreneurs at the Berlin Startup Camp.
- We launched a new app called Takes Questions, an audio style Q & A which gives your friends/followers a chance to ask you questions by giving you the choice to share your answers with the world!
Like always, the middle of the week was just packed with lots of fun remix submissions and contests:
- Apparel Music launched their SCSI-9 “Sunny Side Up” remix contest, a golden opportunity to feature alongside one of the most important Russian artists now on the scene.
- Exceptional Records announced a new remix competition for Black Diamond Bay’s “Speak Slow”. Click here to get your mix on!
- Findremix have teamed up with MCGroove Records to kick off a remix contest of Egostereo‘s new hit “Sex Pistols“. Download the stems here!
- Remix Roniit’s “Infernal Anxiety” for a chance to win $150 and be featured on the new album. Click here to head to the contest!
- To celebrate the forthcoming release of their Loopmasters producer pack, Inland Knights are giving producers the opportunity to create their own original track using samples and inspiration from the armoury of Inland Knights production sounds. Head over to the contest here.
- Our good friends Laptoprockers kindly started a SoundCloud group called “Remix Contest Group” to offer aspiring remixers a single page overview with all original tracks that are up for remixing at SoundCloud!
- Beastie Boys joined the cloud. Just awesome!
- Every once in a while we stumble upon new, interesting SoundCloud stories. When they were writing material for their new album ‘Light the Shallows’, Melbourne-based indie rock band Tall Buildings used SoundCloud as a collaborative tool to help with their writing process. Check out our interview with Drew on how it went down.
Don’t forget to keep a look out for what’s going on this week at our Tumblr blog!