SoundCloud are off to Edinburgh Fringe Festival this week to spread the SoundCloud word. Never heard of Fringe Festival before? Well it’s a month long performing arts festival with all kinds of comedy, cabaret, poetry, music and more. Take a look at the site for more details: http://www.edfringe.com/
You may have seen over the last few weeks we have built a Sounds of Fringe map. We‘re looking for anyone attending the festival to use the iPhone or Android app and capture the vast variety of sounds at the festival. We’ve teamed up with a variety of comedians, venues, agents and ‘sound ambassadors’. They will all be recording interviews, messages, back stage chat, off the cuff banter, sounds on the street and more. The SoundCloud team will also be running around Edinburgh plotting all the venues onto the map, interviewing people on the street and also having a meet up on the Saturday! Take a look at our SoundCloud Edinburgh Fringe Meet Up Facebook page and come join us!
Well so far the following comedians have signed up to get involved. In no particular order….
Tiernan Douieb, Michael Legge, Martin Wolfenden, Richard Herring, Dan Tetsell, Scott Capurro, Mick Ferry, Matt Green, Helen Arney, Gemma Goggin, Stuart Goldsmith, Mark Nelson, Tom Goodliffe, Luke Wright, Kirsty Munro, Ellie Rofe, Sally-Anne Hayward, Kai Humphries, John Robins, Jason-John Whitehead, Andrew Maxwell, Dana Alexander, Sammy J, Matt Kirshen, Heath McIvor, Pete Johansson and Ian Stone.
Any more comedians out there that want to get involved? Let us know!
A few venues have already signed up
- Pleasance Theatre -who will be posting podcasts during the festival.
- Gilded Balloon – also posting podcasts throughout the festival.
- The Traverse Theatre - posting previews from their shows.
There’s a lot of podcasts going on during Fringe, here a collection of podders using SoundCloud:
- The Gentleman’s Review – starring Martin Wolfenden, Tom Stringfellow and Andrew Wilson. The guys will be watching a lot of comedy and talking to some funny people.
- British Comedy Guide – will be posting the Richard Herring Podcast which will be recorded live everyday at the Fringe!
- Edinburgh Tonight – a daily chat show during Fringe, they’ll be posting short audio snippets of the guests appearing on the show
- Fresh Air FM – Edinburgh University’s Student Radio will be posting interviews, reviews and more throughout Fringe.
- A Room With A Comedian – Edinburgh local Jamie Livingstone will be interviewing comedians!
We also have some brilliant SoundCloud Sound Ambassadors on board. The guys will be helping capture the wonderful sounds of fringe recording anything they come across on the streets of Edinburgh. Their contributions will be posted to the map and also they’ll be submitting the to our Edinburgh Fringe Festival Group.
If you want to get a daily dose of reviews, interviews, updates and news go to Chortle.co.uk who will be posting the best audio clip from our collection of comedians each day. They also have the map embedded on their site, take a look here.
So over the next month we will be making some regular posts on Fringe, keeping up to date on the latest sounds created by the comedians, ambassadors and anyone else getting involved. Thanks to Brett at Get Comedy, Caitlin Lock Impressive Digital – the brand new marketing department at Impressive, The Fix, Chortle, British Comedy Guide, Rohan at Edinburgh Festival Innovations Lab, all the comedians and agents getting involved and my Mother!