SoundCloud users are spread all over the globe. That’s what makes this community of sound creators so fantastic. Every day, we receive emails from users telling us how SoundCloud has helped them connect with people all around the world, totally awesome!
Last year’s first global SoundCloud meetup day saw dozens of local meetups organized by users for hundreds of participating users and today, together with you, we want to take things to the next level.
From Santiago to Tokyo and from Auckland to Vancouver, we’re calling all SoundCloud user and enthusiasts to join us on a creation journey around the world. Get creative with like-minded users in your city to record, create and produce locally and share globally with your community and beyond. Let’s show the world that the SoundCloud community is the largest community of sound creators on the planet! :)
How can you get involved?
As an organizer:
1) If you’d like to organize a meetup in your city, head over to our Meetup page and see if your city is already listed. You can either claim to be the organizer or set up a new meetup. Check this step-by-step guide to learn how to set up your meetup
2) Select a venue that enables collaboration to create sounds as a group. This can be a studio, an office, a co-working space, your living room, your choice! Just make sure that there’s access to the web so you can create and share from there.
3) In addition to your own equipment, check out our Apps Gallery for a selection of sound and music-making apps to get the creative juices flowing.
Record with the SoundCloud apps for iPhone or Android
KORG iMS-20 – an awesome analog synth studio for the iPad
Freestyle app – write and rhyme on-the-go
improVox – turns your voice into an expressive instrument with real-time pitch correction and harmonization.
Nanostudio – a virtual recording studio for iPhone and iPad
AmpKit – iPhone guitar amp and effect studio
4) Promote your meetup on Facebook and Twitter and invite your friends to join. We will help you promote your meetup through our channels and will also send you a meetup kit including stickers, SoundCloud name badges and a tshirt!
5) Get excited for February 9!
As a participant:
1) Head over to our Meetup.com page, search for your city and if you find a meetup near you, click “I’m interested”
2) Help to spread the word and share with your friends on Facebook and Twitter
3) Get excited to join other SoundClouders to create some memorable sounds on February 9: a club-stomping track, a podcast, field recordings from that night, some sound effects or interview other SoundClouders about their SoundCloud experience.
We really can’t wait for February 9 and follow the creations you will all will come up with. Ourselves will be hosting a meetup in Berlin, London and San Francisco. We have a few more cool things lined up for that day so keep an eye out on our Twitter and Facebook accounts for updates.