Hey, Austin! We’re thrilled to be back at South By Southwest for another year of making the SoundCloud community come to life at the SoundCloud Clubhouse, bringing musicians and comedians together with their fans. This is the first time the Clubhouse is an official venue and we’ve scheduled an incredible lineup of performers to celebrate. Join us at Lustre Pearl, 97 Rainey Street, Austin, TX – March 12th, 13th, and 14th for performances from ScHoolboy Q, Zed’s Dead, Ryan Hemsworth, TJ Miller and many more. Full details and set times are available at sxsw.soundcloud.com.
Today we’re excited to announce the launch of a completely redesigned Stats page for all SoundCloud users who share their music and audio. Jami’s here to tell you all about it:
- Free users can view which of their tracks are played, liked, reposted, downloaded, and commented on the most.
- Pro users can see their top fans on SoundCloud and the countries where their tracks are popular. Reach out to your top fans with SoundCloud messaging to connect and get feedback. You may find you have a fan base halfway around the world - plan your latest release or tour based on where your tracks are being played.
- With a Pro Unlimited account, you get the above features and can also see the websites, apps, and social networks that people are listening from. Use this data to understand the network you’re a part of – you could find you’ve been written up on a blog or that many people are reposting your tracks on SoundCloud.
Based on your feedback, we’ve significantly streamlined the design. All of your stats are now viewable from one page.
Access your redesigned stats in the drop down menu to get started learning more about who’s playing your sounds.
Find more details about how to use your stats in the help center. Can’t see your redesigned stats? Please hold tight — we’re rolling the feature out in stages, so if you don’t see it yet, you will soon.
The boundless creativity and talent on SoundCloud make our community so unique. We love hearing about your stories of growth and success. We’re excited to bring you one of the most exciting opportunities to touch down on our platform.
Academy Award® winning, world renowned composer Hans Zimmer is looking for the next composer on SoundCloud to mentor and join the Bleeding Fingers Custom Music Shop, a joint venture between Hans Zimmer’s Remote Control Productions, Extreme Music and Sony/ATV Music Publishing. Bleeding Fingers has been responsible for creating scores for such shows as Survivor XVIII, Mountain Men, Duck Dynasty and more.
Hans Zimmer has created an original theme called “Destiny’s Door” exclusively for this contest on SoundCloud. Recompose the track using any of the stems and your own inspiration, creativity and original work. Keep the track length to 90-120 seconds.
Submissions can be voted on by the public at http://www.hanszimmerwantsyou.com and winners will ultimately be chosen by a panel of judges who have composed music for such films as Inception, 300 and The Dark Knight Rises, including Hans Zimmer himself.
The prize includes the opportunity for full-time employment, including a full benefits package, plus the use of a fully equipped studio in a brand new state-of-the-art facility in Santa Monica, California. Three finalists will be announced on or before March 20, 2014.
Here’s how to participate:
- Head to http://www.hanszimmerwantsyou.com to read the full rules and prizes
- Find the link to the track and stems here and upload your submission to SoundCloud
- Submit your track to http://www.hanszimmerwantsyou.com/submit by February 19
- Make sure to fill out the contact info section so the Bleeding Fingers team can reach out