This Week on Tumblr: July 12 – 16
Hey all! We’ve got a new addition to the SoundCloud Blog: a weekly series called This Week on Tumblr. Every Monday, we’ll be posting a recap of all the news that we shared on our SoundCloud Tumblr in the last week. We maintain a Tumblr in addition to this WordPress because the interface encourages greater social interaction – people can more easily follow and reblog us. It’s also more accommodating for shorter posts that are lighter on the text and heavier on the media. It’s where you’ll find the latest happenings, like the newest SoundCloud releases, contest announcements, and all kinds of other interesting stuff. And with all the exciting things happening now, we update it multiple times a day! So what are you waiting for? Follow our SoundCloud Tumblr now and get the news first.
As always, it’s been an event-filled week here up at the ‘Cloud. Here’s a recap of what happened last week on the Tumblr –
- We shared the new Chromeo track “Don’t Turn the Lights On” from their forthcoming LP Business Casual, due out in September. Check out the latest single from the Canadian synth-duo here:
- In World Cup news, we announced the Vuvuzuela Contest Winner! Serocee won a 6 month Premium Lite account. Nice work! Stay turned for our next contest…
- And in other South African news, Die Antwoord released their first American release via a stream on Pitchfork.
- San Francisco-based indie-pop band Halsted released a full stream of their new album Life Underwater. If you like Matthew Sweet or Big Star, give this a listen.
Life Underwater by halsted
Whew. And that was just Monday. On Tuesday:
- Metal label Candlelight Records is on SoundCloud! Got an epic metal track ready for distro? Now’s your chance, send it in!
- Burn Studios has announced their Cassius Remix Competition. You’ve got until September 1 to tweak that mix, but you know how time flies…
- We talked to Tyler and Tara, who shared their lovely story with us. The two are traveling around the world and uploading their field recordings to SoundCloud. Got a SoundCloud story to tell? Drop us a line, we’re waiting to hear it.
- Best Coast released a SoundCloud stream of their debut album, Crazy for You, via The Guardian’s Music Blog. This is beautiful stuff.
Best Coast: Crazy For You LP Stream by brilliantlydifferent
- UMEK ‘Revolution @ Space’ Co-production Contest is up and running. Upload your best Techno tunes and win a release on Umek’s label . For all the details, click here.
- New remix alert! Listen to Disco of Doom’s remix of rave classic “Close Your Eyes” by Acen.
- Have you heard? Users of 1st Video, ShowCase or VC Audio Pro can now record and edit sound on an iPhone or iPod Touch and upload content to SoundCloud in one step.
- We celebrated the 1-year birthday of the SoundCloud Tumblr. Wooo-hoooo!
- Part 2 of our feature on on Old-Skoolers debuted. Producers are in the spotlight this time.
And finally, Friday rounds out the week:
- Festinho, an “intimate, friendly festival in a magical setting,” is giving one lucky undiscovered band the opportunity to play live during the festival.
- SoundCloud Meetup Day is coming up soon on July 29! It’s not too late to get involved.
- The Beatport/Mark Knight Co-production competition is officially closed. Hold tight ’til July 23rd, when the winners are announced.
Now that last week is wrapped up, let’s get ready for another awesome one. Happy Monday everyone!