This Week in Tumblr: July 19-23
Hello everyone out there in SoundCloud land! In case you missed it, here’s a recap of what happened last week on our SoundCloud Tumblr.
- In light of their album debut, Kiss Kiss Kiss announced a remix contest! The winner’s packages are insane. Click here for details.
- Check out “Wake Up Everybody,” the new track from John Legend’s upcoming album with The Roots, premiering on your favorite site (SoundCloud!):
- The Kavinsky remix competition winners were announced! From over 500 entries, the winners are:
- We shared some new tracks and remixes from the upcoming Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly release. Listen here:
- Wechsellook profiled our office! Check out our sweet digs (we’ve still got some desk space to share, by the way, check out our jobs page!):
- Not to be outdone, our Los Angeles-based employee Lee Martin shows off to us his transatlantic sister office:
- A couple of months ago we chatted to George Burl, an independent folk singer from Nebraska, who had been a Soundcloud pro user for just over a year. Today George is releasing his next EP Arrows which you can stream here:
- UK-based indie label Tough Love Records celebrated their 5th birthday! In celebration, they’re hosting a free, all day event at the Stag’s Head in London and have uploaded a compilation of their favorite tracks from the last half-decade here:
- Meetups meetups meetups! This Thursday, Soundclouders are going to be gathering in: Los Angeles, Barcelona, San Francisco, Linz, Liverpool, Medellin, Miami, Atlanta, New York, Manchester, Amsterdam, London, Berlin, and more. Head over to our Meetup page and see what’s going on near you!
And we saved the best for last…TGIFriday!
- Four Tet released this stunnin remix of a Jon Hopkins track:
- Warmest Chord is a brand-spanking new label from London, who specialize in digital releases partnered with super limited screen prints. Like what you see? Think they’ll like what they hear? Send off a track to their dropbox.
- Maximo Park’s Quicken the Heart Remixed was released on SoundCloud. Learn more about the project here.
- Warp Records are streaming a new track from SeeFeel, their first in 14 years. If you fancy some scratchy, hypnotic sounds to ease you into the weekend, head on over to Warp’s site and check it out.
- Ghostly International’s Shigeto released a free EP on SoundCloud. Check it out:
- And finally, we were treated to session of great music by business development intern and musician Ian Hooper (that’s him at the bottom):
A nice way to end the work week, don’t you think? And onto the next… stay tuned for upcoming news about why Ian was playing at the SoundCloud HQ.