The SoundCloud iPhone App
With the new update of the iPhone app, we’re coming one step closer to the full SoundCloud experience on your mobile. Most importantly, the app is now available for free for all users. If you can’t wait to get it, jump right into the iTunes App Store.
As mentioned in today’s update, the iPhone app now also supports the Record feature and will allow you to capture and share any type of sound while you’re on the move. So no matter if it’s the first chords of an acoustic demo version of a new song, a voice memo, interview or a new joke for your next stand-up session, the SoundCloud iPhone app will let you record and share your sounds in just a moment.
Here’s a run-down of the new features:
- Record: capture your sounds on-the-go and share them directly to Facebook, Twitter and MySpace (only iPhone 3Gs and 4 since the app relies on the AAC hardware encoder)
- Browse and search user profiles
- Share any public track to Facebook & Twitter
Watch the new iPhone app in action:
Other features included:
- Browse and listen to the tracks sent to you and your DropBox
- Favorite other people’s tracks
- Post and read other people’s comments
- Enjoy the stunning artwork while playing tracks
- Seek inside the waveform and leave comments in the horizontal player
- Send tracks via email from your local address book
- Listen to your favorites on the go
- Search tracks
- Background playback (on iOS4)
- Switch between multiple accounts (Revoke access in the general iPhone settings)
For some screenshots of the latest version, click-through this slide show:
- Background playback is only possible with iOS4
- Please note that you will need a SoundCloud account to use the app. Sign up for free on http://soundcloud.com
Looking for more mobile, desktop and web apps? Have a look at our App Gallery and let us know what you think about the app in the comments. Happy recording!