This Week in Tumblr: Steve Lawler, Maps & Atlases, Lykke Li, Chase & Status, and more
Last week we had lots of cool stuff going on with videos and contests, along a lot of other exciting things at the SoundCloud Tumblr blog. Check it out below!
- Steve Lawler & Viva Music’s remix competition of Lawler’s single “Gimme More” came to a close with the winners announced. Click HERE to visit the remix page.
- Maps & Atlases provided stems from three songs off of their latest album “Perch Patchwork”. Five winners are going to be chosen to receive a ton of merchandise along with getting their track released in a digital EP! Go HERE and start the remixing!
- Maciej Czajka and Ciara Merouan shot and edited together an excellent short video from London’s meetup on Global Meetup Day.
- To showcase some of the folks behind the scenes, we spoke with Brian from Nettwerk on how he likes using SoundCloud along with features that he found to be most helpful.
- Lykke Li released her second album ‘Wounded Rhymes‘ by inviting fans to explore her journey around the world, look into the album’s themes and ask everyone to share their own locations of emotional significance.
- Mauro Picotto opened up the Alchemy Festival Competition for entries! It’s Italy’s first open-air underground festival in the countryside near Turin on June 11th, 2011. Click HERE to enter the competition.
- Mutinery & Tin Pan Alley Studios invited European singers, bands and musicians to enter a big online musical contest: EUROMUSIC CONTEST. Be quick, because voting starts March 19, 2011 at 8AM!
- Joe Lazarus created an app that searches SoundCloud for bands based on favorite listings on Last.fm. Just visit the Last.fm Favorites on SoundCloud page, enter your username, hit “Run Pipe” to recieve a personalized list of SoundCloud artists to follow!
- Chase & Status teamed up with Drum & Bass Arena, UKF and SoundCloud to offer you the chance to remix their latest single ‘Time’ featuring Delilah. Download the parts, mix your track and drop it in the SoundCloud dropbox.
- The results of Vimeo’s video contest of Vanchy’s track “Catching The Simple But Happy Days” were simply amazing. In just a few days members of the Vimeo community created 85 videos, displaying the beauty of when online communities work together. Winner was Weldon Byrns with his nostalgic and endearing tribute to his son growing up, ‘Seven to Eight‘:
Don’t forget to check out what’s going on in our Tumblr blog this week!