This Week in Tumblr: the Next Web, You Are Listening to Los Angeles & April fools’
Last week on the Tumblr blog, we had two great interviews, an overview of lots of contests that are coming up, great examples using the Social-for-Download app and ending the week on an awesome April 1st! Learn more about what happened below.
- Who doesn’t fancy a new Death Cab For Cutie song at the start of the week?
- Alex spoke with The Next Web’s video editor Hermione Way about SoundCloud and the recent Foursquare integration.
- We shared a list of all of our SoundCloud team members who are on Tumblr.
- Sound On Sound magazine teamed up with Everything Everything to have a bash at remixing their forthcoming single Final Form. Click here to pick up the stems and get mixing!
- Want to be on the NBA 2K12 Soundtrack, drop your sample-free hip hop track in the NBA 2K12 SoundCloud Dropbox (ends real soon!).
- Havana Cultura paired with Gilles Peterson for the Gilles Peterson Remix Contest. Click here for more info.
- Boston’s Together Festival launched a remix competition to determine your production skill and creativity. Click here to get involved.
- SoundCloud Local featured lots of excellent artists from Reukjavík, Iceland.
- Our own Emily sat down with Eric Eberhardt, the creator of You Are Listening to Los Angeles to chat about how the project came about.
- We spotlighted a several artists who made good use of the SoundCloud Social-For-Download app: Glasvegas shares previews to their new album ‘Euphoric /// Heartbreak \’, The Pigeon Detectives is using the Facebook Like to share streams to ‘Up, Guards And At ‘Em’ with Bell X1 doing the same for their album ‘Bloodless Coup’.
- We conveniently launched our totally awesome profile customization feature, teaming up with a couple of big names to show it off like Moby, Queens of the Stone Age, Subpop Records and Daughter.
As usual, keep a look out for what’s going on this week on the Tumblr blog here.