Wouldn’t it be awesome if on Global Meetup Day, SoundClouders around the world create the song of their city? You could go out there, capture the sounds of your city and together with other SoundClouders re-use them in a song that reflects your city best. The Song Of Los Angeles? The Song Of Paris? The Song of Melbourne? If this sounds like you, then let’s unmute your city on May 25 and see your song featured right here on the blog afterwards.
Not a musician yourself? Not a problem at all. Everybody can participate:
Audio tour of your city: invite your friends to a sound safari across your city. Weird and odd, beautiful and frightening. Experience your city in a different way and record & share the sounds of your city with us and the world.
Sound City: in one minute or two, ask each other answering three simple questions: 1) Who are you 2) Where are you and 3) What’s special about your city and why. Ok, technically, that’s four but don’t tell anyone.
City Sound Ambassador: at your meetup with other SoundClouders ask them questions and record their favorite SoundCloud moments. Everyone’s got a story, we want to hear it.
Have another crazy-brilliant idea involving sounds? Let everybody know in the comments and go download our free iPhone and Android apps or find more awesome sound creation apps in the Apps Gallery to gear up.
Here’s how to get involved:
- Find out if there already is a meetup planned in your city or fill out this form so we can help you getting started and send you a meetup kit with shirts, stickers and name tags
- Set up your meetup over on our Meetup.com community from where you can spread the word to your friends
- Record a meetup shout-out in your language to inform friends & fans: http://soundcloud.com/upload
- Send us a tweet saying: “Hey @SoundCloud, I’m organizing a meetup in [insert your city] and we’re planning to [insert the awesomesauce you’re planning]!” and add the link to your recorded meetup shout-out so we can retweet it
- Be happy and get excited to see the sounds you create on the SoundCloud Meetup Map
Word on the street is that Santiago will be hosting a workshop and session at a music studio and that the Chicago meetup will be held at a book and music store with a guest appearance by SoundClouder Chill Factor-5. To get inspired, also check out these videos from meetups in Glasgow, London or Amsterdam.
SoundCloud’s Global Meetup Day is about you and your creations. Join thousands of SoundClouders in hundreds of cities all around the globe and together, let’s unmute your city.