Sound Bites #3 – Scavenger samples
Welcome to the latest edition of Sound Bites, the weekend long contest to create sounds along some theme for the chance to win SoundCloud upgrades and swag. For those who haven’t played along yet, the idea is we give you an image, a video, a sound, or some other bit of inspiration, and you’ve got the weekend to create something.
You can make a song, a field recording, a spoken poem, or whatever kind of sound you want, and submit it to our Sound Bites group for the competition. The only rules are:
- the recording should be something completely original, created, recorded, written by you
- you should make it all between Friday, June 3 and Monday, June 6 at 10 pm CEST
- it should be under three minutes long
- please put the words “Sound Bites” in the title of the track
- for the fine print, check out our Sound Bites Terms & Conditions
Many of you participated in all different kinds of events last week for the SoundCloud Global Meetup Day and we had a real fun celebration and sound scavenger hunt here in Berlin! So this time around, the Sound Bites challenge is to use the recordings from that scavenger hunt as samples in your submission. We’ve picked out some of our favorite samples below, but you can find all 80+ here.
Sound Bites #3 samples by SoundCloud Community Team
There’s no limit on how much or how little has to be included, but we’ll be looking to reward creative submissions! Make sure “Sound Bites” is in the title, and submit away.
We’ll go through them, and announce the winner on our blog this Wednesday, June 8. Deadline for submissions is Monday, June 6 at 10pm CEST.
Now get to making some sounds! We here at Team SoundCloud will pick a winner, who will receive
- a Premium upgrade to their SoundCloud account
- and a SoundCloud t-shirt swag pack.
Two runners-up will also receive t-shirt swag packs! Submit your tracks with the DropBox here.
Looking forward to hearing all of your submissions. Good luck!