We’re partnering with i am OTHER and Pharrell Williams on a new compilation project – and we want you to be part of it
Over the last month, we’ve seen a 50% increase in uploads from creators around the world. We know the rise of the coronavirus has hit creators hard with a loss of revenue and work, but it has not stopped the proliferation of music and creativity on SoundCloud.
With a shared vision to ignite what’s next in music and champion fresh, new talent, SoundCloud, i am OTHER and Pharrell are coming together to propel emerging talent forward by spotlighting a hand-picked mix of undiscovered artists, specially curated by Pharrell. The compilation, “SoundCloud Presents: i am OTHER, Volume 1,” will feature music genres, styles and sounds from across the global SoundCloud community — and we want YOU to get involved in the project.
- We’re looking for tracks that reflect the present-day mood, promote a positive message and push the boundaries of innovation in music, so get creative and make something meaningful to you.
- Upload your tracks to SoundCloud and include the hashtag #SCxiamOTHER
- Pharrell, i am OTHER and SoundCloud will review submissions and select a minimum of 10 tracks from independent, emerging artists to be featured on “SoundCloud presents: i am OTHER, Volume 1.” There’s no limit on submissions, so upload often to maximize your chances.
- In addition to a spot on the album, selected artists will be fast-tracked into SoundCloud’s premium marketing services program, Repost Select, and receive funding for upcoming projects from our recently announced $10M creator accelerator fund along with additional promotion and marketing support.
- Selected artists will be notified via SoundCloud by the end of May*
Net proceeds we receive will go to Sweet Relief and Help Musicians, two charities on the frontlines of providing direct relief to the artist community. “SoundCloud Presents: i am OTHER, Volume 1” will be available on SoundCloud and distributed to all streaming services via SoundCloud’s distribution and artist services offering, Repost Select, in early May 2020.
Already have a track you’d like to submit? Upload it now (and don’t forget to tag it) to be considered. Have questions? Join us for a special edition of our Creator Office Hours today at 2:30 PST / 5:30pm ET where we’ll be taking your questions live on Instagram.
*Due to an overwhelming response from our creative community, we’ve extended the selection notification timeline – originally May 6 – until the end of May in order to review all submissions.