Stop pausing your party – you can now seamlessly browse, control and “like” music & audio on your mobile device thanks to the SoundCloud app’s new mini player feature.
The mini player offers you the same full-screen player experience you use to discover, share, and stream on SoundCloud everyday, but in a “fun-size” package to make sure you get the most out of your listening experience.
Starting today, free and subscription-based users can explore SoundCloud’s massive catalog of over 177 million tracks without ever interrupting their listening experience. A visible bar positioned at the bottom of your screen, the mini player includes navigation controls, track metadata, and a dedicated “like” button, offering:
- A seamless play-in-place experience – The mini player makes toggling between the full-screen player and the home screen a thing of the past, allowing you to play more and skip less.
- More ways to discover – More seamlessly integrated browsing and listening means you can discover your next favorite artist while streaming your current favorite track.
- A faster way to build an audio collection – The player’s one-tap “like” button gives you the ability to “like” tracks and playlists faster than ever, helping you build your music collection in no time.
- More ways to engage – The more you discover and “like” tracks and playlists, the more you connect with SoundCloud’s vibrant community of creators, curators, and fans.
Get a first look at the new mini player below and update your SoundCloud app on Android and iOS today to get your own mini player.
New to SoundCloud and rolling out today — real-time stats!
All of your favorite stats, including plays, likes, reposts, comments and downloads are now updated in real-time, allowing you to view track performance and listener engagement as it happens and gain instant feedback.
Whether you just shared your very first upload or have over a million followers, creators know the importance of monitoring a track’s performance, particularly in key moments such as a new release or during a promotional push. Culture moves fast and you need to stay on top of your tracks, catching and capitalizing on each surge, spike, and share right when it occurs.
The new “Today” custom view offers a granular look at your insights, helping you track when fans are tuning in–connecting you to feedback from SoundCloud’s highly engaged community, faster.
To check out the freshest performance stats for a track, start by opening your stats page in the SoundCloud Pulse app or on the web. Select “Today” in the drop-down menu to view the latest totals, graphs and top lists. Refresh the page and watch your stat totals update in real time.
We’re excited about the year ahead and hope you are too! We look forward to bringing you even more tools to empower you to continue on your creative journey. Don’t forget, you can share your journey with the community using shareable stats cards and the #SoundCloudStats hashtag.
Today, we’re making it faster and easier for SoundCloud creators to celebrate their success with new shareable stats cards. Creators can now download stats cards from the SoundCloud Pulse app, and quickly share a snapshot of plays, likes, reposts, and comments to any social media platform in a stylized package.
Emerging and established creators on SoundCloud are achieving success everyday, and we know how important it is to be able to tout those accomplishments. This new update offers yet another way for creators to celebrate success, build connections, and your career on SoundCloud.
So, how can you begin sharing stats from the SoundCloud Pulse app?
- Go to the Stats page in the SoundCloud Pulse app.
- Hit the “Share” icon in the top right corner, which will generate an image of your tracks’ stats, including plays plays, likes, reposts, and comments.
- Click the “Share” button to send the image out via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or any other platform where you connect with your fans.
- You can even download the image to save for comparisons against future stats.
- Use the #SoundCloudStats hashtag so the SoundCloud community can follow your journey.
We can’t wait to see you share your success and continue to grow your career on SoundCloud!