We’re excited to continue to roll out SoundCloud Go, our listener subscription, to audiences around the globe. Beginning today, SoundCloud Go is now available in Australia and New Zealand. SoundCloud Go brings listeners in Australia and New Zealand an expanded catalogue of more than 135 million tracks from some of the biggest and emerging artists from around the globe, with an ad and preview-free listening experience you can take offline.
Like previous launches in the UK, Ireland and France, today’s launch is part of our ongoing commitment to building an ecosystem where creators have opportunities to be paid for the work they share. So beginning today, the free SoundCloud listening experience in Australia and New Zealand will now be supported by advertising. When you hear an ad, artists get paid.
SoundCloud Go is available in Australia and New Zealand on web, iOS App Store and Google Play, and priced at AU$11.99 / NZ$12.99 per month, with a free 30-day trial. iOS users can avoid the App Store surcharge (AU$14.99 / NZ$17.99 per month) by visiting soundcloud.com/go instead.
With SoundCloud Go, you take your listening experience to the next level with:
- Offline and ad-free listening, and no previews.
- An expanded catalogue of more than 135 million tracks. You’ll get the best from artists signed to the biggest labels on the planet (like Sony Music Entertainment, Universal Music Group, Merlin, and Warner Music Group, to name a few) right alongside the best of the unsigned and up-and-coming.
Want to know more? Check out our SoundCloud Go page, here.
We’re unveiling our best deal for SoundCloud Go ever – get your first 3 months for just $0.99* – but only for a limited time. Sign up at soundcloud.com/go this week to get full access to the world’s largest music and audio streaming catalog, with an ad-free listening experience you can take offline.
- 135M+ tracks. Access the world’s largest music and audio streaming catalog. Everything from Top 40 to the Underground.
- Offline listening. Download playlists, albums, and all your liked tracks on mobile.
- No ads. Now nothing stands between you and the music.
- Unlocked previews. Hear all of every track, no more 30 second previews.
This offer ends after 7 days, so hold off buying that bag of chips or handful of candy this week and trade your $0.99 for three whole months of SoundCloud Go. Offer is available in the US, UK, Ireland and France.
Learn more about everything SoundCloud Go offers at soundcloud.com/go.
* 99p in the UK and €0,99 in Ireland and France.
Offer limited to new subscribers only. After the 90 day promotional period, user will be charged monthly unless cancelled earlier. Promotional offer may be cancelled any time within the first 90 days. Promotional offer limited to purchases via desktop or mobile web only. Offer available for a limited time.
Here at SoundCloud, the community we’ve built is our top priority – and protecting the security of your SoundCloud account is of the utmost importance to us.
Recently, there have been a number of industry-wide incidents which have exposed massive amounts of user data, such as the data dump of usernames and passwords from MySpace and LinkedIn. The availability of this information is challenging to those companies the information was leaked from as well as other websites, including SoundCloud, due to users reusing passwords across multiple sites. In light of these events, the Trust, Safety & Security team would like to take a moment to remind our community how we keep you safe, and what you can do to protect your SoundCloud account.
How does SoundCloud keep you safe?
SoundCloud uses a variety of methods to protect users and their data against brute-force sign-in attacks, phishing campaigns, malware distribution, and other nefarious actions. These include:
- Protecting accounts from unauthorized sign-in attempts
We throttle sign-in attempts from suspicious origins or networks with bad reputation, and combat automated password guessing attacks on individual accounts.
- Notifying users of substantial changes to their account
We alert account owners of substantial changes to their account by email. Changes that trigger an email alert include email address changes and password reset requests. These alerts give account holders the chance to react in case of illegitimate change requests.
- Freezing accounts with suspicious activity
When we identify irregular account activity, or suspect an account has been compromised, we freeze or temporarily suspend the account to prevent any further changes from happening. We also reset the account’s password and send an email to the account owner so that they can review their account and remedy the situation.
- Proactive protection of users affected by third-party incidents
When we learn of a third-party data leak, we check to see if any of our users’ email addresses are included. In cases where SoundCloud users’ emails have been affected by a security incident associated with another service, we prompt these individuals to reset their password when signing in on our website, before they can continue to access their account. This is to proactively protect users who may have reused passwords across multiple websites.
How can you help keep your account safe?
We encourage you to review your account settings and take proactive steps to protect your safety on the platform:
After doing this, follow our suggestions for creating secure passwords:
- A strong password consists of at least eight (8) characters including upper and lower-case letters, numbers and symbols. Do not include personal information such as your name, birthday, email address, etc.
- Never reuse a password for multiple sites, or share your password with others!
- Consider using a password manager like 1Password or LastPass to help create unique, strong passwords – and remember them.
To see if your credentials have been compromised in a data breach, we recommend using a free service like “Have I Been Pwned?” which can tell you if your email is found in prominent data breaches.