Playcounts now equal creator payouts. Beginning today, SoundCloud Premier, our direct monetization program, is opening up to all Pro and Pro Unlimited subscribers with eligible content – meaning that hundreds of thousands of independent creators can start getting paid for their streams. We’re expanding SoundCloud Premier because from day one, our commitment has been to growing your career as a creator, so that you can make more money doing what you love.
Why should you monetize directly with SoundCloud Premier?
- Leading revenue share: SoundCloud meets or beats any other streaming service.
- Faster payouts: We pay you directly each month so you’ll have cash in your pocket faster.
- Comes with Pro: The program is accessible to all eligible Pro subscribers at no additional cost.
- Instant availability: On SoundCloud, your uploaded tracks are available for immediate discovery and monetization – no waiting.
- Direct access to your fans: You get real-time feedback and engagement from SoundCloud’s massive global community.
Any music that you monetize with SoundCloud Premier is non-exclusive and you retain all of your rights. You’ll be in good company – joining the lineup of SoundCloud Premier creators of past and present like Chance the Rapper, Kali Uchis, Lil Uzi Vert, $UICIDEBOY$, Alina Baraz, Towkio, Louis the Child, Lil Yachty, and blackbear, who’ve seen their streams lead to music milestones like GRAMMY nominations, top hits and festival headlines.
So, how do you know if you’re eligible?
You must be an independent creator and a Pro or Pro Unlimited subscriber. For now, we’re opening the program up to original music content only, but stay tuned for more details as we continue to expand.
We’re starting out by inviting creators with 5,000 plays in the past month (from SoundCloud monetized countries: US, UK, Canada, Australia, France, Germany, Ireland, The Netherlands, New Zealand), then scaling over time to as many creators as possible. So we recommend you keep creating and promoting your original content, and engaging with your fans in the process. You’ll receive an email and in-product notification once you’re in.