You know that moment: you’re listening to a new track and BAM it hits you. Sometimes it’s the beat, that simple melody, that clever rhyme. All you know is when it happens you need to express how you feel about it, no matter where you are in your day.
Today, we’re excited to relaunch comments on mobile with a brand new experience on iOS and Android so you can comment on tracks anytime, anywhere, right from your phone.
- Easy navigation: Simply tap the conversation bubble icon to leave a comment or read the time-stamped comments on tracks.
- Give and receive feedback instantly: Have more flexibility over when and where you share feedback on your favorite tracks.
- More control and freedom: Manage your own comments and comments by the community with the ability to easily delete and leave comments on tracks.
As the world’s largest music streaming platform sparking social connections between artists and fans around the world, SoundCloud creates an open, authentic and dynamic community where everyone can share and connect.
So be heard. Hear back. Connect anytime, anywhere – first on SoundCloud.
Spotlight allows creators with Pro accounts to pin up to five tracks or playlists to the top of a profile page.
What does this mean?
Fans will now be able to see the tracks and playlists you’ve placed in your Spotlight on your profile page in the app.
How does it work?
If you’re already using Spotlight on desktop, your pinned tracks and/or playlists will appear on your iOS profile automatically. Edit your Spotlight selections on desktop to change them in the app.
Want to get started using Spotlight? Learn more here >
What about Android?
While this update is currently only available for iOS, we’re working on adding it to Android soon. Stay tuned!
Just in time for summer, we’re excited to announce a significant update to the SoundCloud iOS app – one that brings new features and functionality to your on-the-go listening experience.
Right away, you’ll notice a set of new features that make discovering your next favorite tracks even easier. Using the iOS app, you’ll now be able to:
- Play related tracks – Find a track you love, then let our improved algorithm create a long stream of similar content from the 100 million tracks on SoundCloud. As easy as tapping Play Related Tracks.
Looking for backyard jams, seaside sounds, or a soundtrack to city streets? Find the perfect track – the one that hits all the notes you’re looking for – and tap Play Related Tracks. We’ll take care of the rest.
- Shuffle tracks – Bring a new twist to the favorites in your collection. Shuffle is now available for your liked tracks and in your playlists.
It’s easy to shuffle your liked tracks – simply tap the Shuffle button at the top of your Likes screen.
If you’d like to shuffle the tracks in a playlist, click on the three dots next to any playlist – you’ll now access a new set of options, including the Shuffle feature.
- Add or remove tracks directly from your playlists – Do it right inside the app, with no need to log onto SoundCloud in a browser. Tap those same three dots on any track to open the options list and then add or remove tracks to curate your perfect SoundCloud experience.
- Repost and share – Directly from the search screen and from your list of liked tracks.
The update is live today on the App Store and ready for downloading – just in time to create the perfect soundtrack for a new season.