Thanks everyone for participating on this Global Meetup Day! It is quite thrilling to see so many different SoundClouders get together all across the world on the same day. We thought it’d be fun to share some of the amazing things we’ve received from you, so feel free to take a moment to right dive in and check it out!
London, United Kingdom
- SoundClouders met on the rooftop of The Queen of Hoxton in East London for a barbecue with several acoustic performances, featuring Right Click Save As and Sadie Jemmett, in addition to SoundClouder of the Day Dave Gerard and special guest Liam Bailey.
- For a second time in a row, SoundClouders met up in Tokyo. Users brought with them portable gear with smartphone producer-devotee Kaz Mashino performing a live jam!
Nelson, United Kingdom
- Held at SoundClouder of the Day Jay Stansfield‘s house with each attendee instructed to bring along four notes, chords or rhythms and six meaningful words. It was then combined into one song with the entire session performed live and recorded in stereo straight to analogue cassette. Donna recorded it all, it’s quite amazing so check it out!
- With very good weather, it was the perfect day for a meetup in the city’s center. At peak time there were dozens of people who stopped by to witness the performances by Alien Robot Dance and Vegas!
- Every month producers and music-aficionados meet at Cafe Retro to share tips and tricks with one another. This time, SoundClouders were invited. That Soundcloud is the collaborative music producer’s best friend is a sure thing! More details in their blog post.
- A creative workshop environment was arranged where SoundClouders divided into groups with each one of them creating a track. Here is what SoundClouder of the Day Vlad Solovjov and his group created together:
- Meeting for the first time, SoundClouders arranged the get together in Megabeatz Studio – a former primary school converted into place for local artists and musicians. The idea was to simply break the ice and plant the seed for a more connected SoundCloud community in Torino blog post here.
Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
- As told by Caleb Olson:
We put on a little dinner for some of the people in our downtown homeless community. My group of friends and family, Spread The Love, were asked to provide the meal the day before when we previously thought were just needed to help serve the meal…We were able to provide food for about 40 people. I organized the meetup and recruited one of my very talented SoundCloud friends to help us serve food and play guitar. Another SoundCloud user, who was a complete stranger, found me through the Meetup page and got in touch with me via my About.me link on my blog. He drove about an hour for the dinner and played his guitar while we ate pizza. Here is a clip of Tony Mason “Proverbalist” on the guitar:
By the end of the evening, both of my friends were playing the guitar while the rest of my friends & family served up watermelon for dessert. lt was a great time!
Check out Kick Homelessness to help raise funds and volunteers for the 2011 Paris Homeless World Cup.
Sao Paulo, Brazil
- One year ago, the first SoundCloud meetup in Brazil was held in a house about to be demolished and occupied by artists of the Galeria Choque Cultural. This time around for the second meetup focused on hearing new music productions and to make room for those who wanted to come and showcase their own material!
San Francisco, California, USA
- The SoundCloud San Francisco Bay Area Regional Users Group (in short, the SCSFBARUG) had their get together at Bar Casanova. Courtesy of Asher, here’s what the meetup sounded like:If you live in the bay area, check out the San Francisco SoundCloud group.
Don’t forget that it’s always possible to hear different sounds from SoundCloud meetups all over the world with our SoundCloud Meetup Map. Mark your gathering by tagging your recording ‘scmeetup’!
Want to organize your own or find one in your city? Click here to get started!