Yes, that’s right, hot news! SoundCloud will be coming to Google Home soon. Stay tuned to this spot for more details.
We’ve just dropped The Upload, a brand new discovery feature on SoundCloud that brings you a list of the freshest new music uploaded to the platform, personalized to your taste on a daily basis.
With a constantly expanding mix of music uploaded to SoundCloud every day, we’ve now made it easier to filter through it all. The Upload is all about surfacing more of what you’re into, or what you might be, and is the go-to destination for a regularly updated, bespoke playlist of new music relevant to you.
It is available via the Discover tab on web, and in the Search tab on iOS and Android and works by recommending tracks that have been uploaded to SoundCloud within the last few days based on what you like and listen to. The more you listen to on SoundCloud, the better The Upload will surface new artists and music for you.
With the largest and most diverse music catalog around, we want to make discovery on SoundCloud even easier and we’re utilizing machine learning to offer new ways for you to find more music. This new feature is another opportunity for creators on SoundCloud to get their music heard by our global community and a great way for listeners to be on the pulse of what’s next, now.
Check The Upload out and make it part of your routine!
It’s been a busy year for SoundCloud. In addition to launching our new consumer subscription service, SoundCloud Go – among many more projects we can’t share with you just yet – we’ve been working on and launching a heap of new features to make the SoundCloud experience even better.
A few weeks ago we added Recently Played tracks and Listening History to help you rediscover music and easily access your most recent plays. With these new features, all of the tracks from the day, past week, month and further are now available via the Collection tab on your profile, meaning you have your previously played sounds at your fingertips anytime you want them.
In addition to Recently Played and Listening History, we introduced a number of additional features to help you discover more, and enable new and emerging creators to get discovered.
You can check out our 2016 product wrap-up below:
- Stations is our never-ending radio-like stream of music which can be started from a track or an artist profile. It’s one of the easiest ways to lean back and enjoy tracks. You can like or unlike a Station to save it to your Collection for further listening.
- Suggested Tracks learns your tastes and makes suggestions based on your likes and plays.
- Charts is the place to find the tracks that are getting a lot of buzz on SoundCloud. The ‘Top 50’ updates every day to show the 50-most played tracks for the past week, and ‘New & Hot’ updates multiple times a day to show the tracks that are trending right now. We’re currently rolling this out and it will be available to all users soon.
- Albums enable you to easily find old classics alongside new favorites. This gives you more control around how you organize your sounds on SoundCloud.
- Recently Played and Listening History gives you the ability to access your recent plays via your Collection.
- Offline Sync is available when you subscribe to our subscription service SoundCloud Go which is available in the US, UK, Ireland, France, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and Germany. It gives listeners access to over 135 million tracks from the greatest and most established artists, ad-free, alongside tens of millions of tracks not found anywhere else.
Alongside new features in the SoundCloud app, we’ve also made improvements to our creator-focused app, SoundCloud Pulse. This year we added new features including the ability to edit track titles, genres, tags and descriptions, and to choose whether a track is public, private or downloadable, all within the SoundCloud Pulse app. Creators can also keep up-to-date with what listeners are saying about tracks on-the-go by accessing comments via the mobile app.
With the largest and most diverse catalog around, we want to make discovering on SoundCloud even easier. We’re always testing and innovating to bring new ways for you to find more music, and get heard on SoundCloud. Stay tuned to this space for new feature updates coming in 2017.
Enjoy your holidays, and Happy New Year!