Today is a special day for us and we’re so thrilled to finally be able to share with you what we’ve been working on for a while:
Next SoundCloud, meet the Community. Community, meet Next SoundCloud, the next phase of our mission to unmute the web.
Since 2008, we’ve been focused on building the best social sound platform on the web. Today, SoundCloud has grown to over 15 million with more interests and needs of SoundCloud. With Next, we are taking a first step to reflect this. What you can expect from Next:
- A more interactive waveform player
- A simpler and more attractive profile
- New reposts let your friends, fans and followers repost your sounds and sets for others to hear
- Real-time notifications to keep you up-to-date the second something happens
- Play your sounds continuously: press play, explore and keep listening
- Forget playlists. Sets let you build collections of sounds you like in one Waveform
- Easier and more intuitive navigation, including keyboard shortcuts
- New search with faster, better results and search suggestions
The Next SoundCloud will be available in a private beta immediately. Learn more and request access here:
We will be gradually rolling out access to Next and plan to use the beta to make updates and add additional features to Next based on your input. As always, we’re listening, so please use the feedback form in the About section. We can’t wait to hear what you say.
And finally, thank you to Snoop Dogg for the amazing congratulatory voice message: