New to SoundCloud and rolling out today — real-time stats!
All of your favorite stats, including plays, likes, reposts, comments and downloads are now updated in real-time, allowing you to view track performance and listener engagement as it happens and gain instant feedback.
Whether you just shared your very first upload or have over a million followers, creators know the importance of monitoring a track’s performance, particularly in key moments such as a new release or during a promotional push. Culture moves fast and you need to stay on top of your tracks, catching and capitalizing on each surge, spike, and share right when it occurs.
The new “Today” custom view offers a granular look at your insights, helping you track when fans are tuning in–connecting you to feedback from SoundCloud’s highly engaged community, faster.
To check out the freshest performance stats for a track, start by opening your stats page in the SoundCloud Pulse app or on the web. Select “Today” in the drop-down menu to view the latest totals, graphs and top lists. Refresh the page and watch your stat totals update in real time.
We’re excited about the year ahead and hope you are too! We look forward to bringing you even more tools to empower you to continue on your creative journey. Don’t forget, you can share your journey with the community using shareable stats cards and the #SoundCloudStats hashtag.
Today, we’re making it faster and easier for SoundCloud creators to celebrate their success with new shareable stats cards. Creators can now download stats cards from the SoundCloud Pulse app, and quickly share a snapshot of plays, likes, reposts, and comments to any social media platform in a stylized package.
Emerging and established creators on SoundCloud are achieving success everyday, and we know how important it is to be able to tout those accomplishments. This new update offers yet another way for creators to celebrate success, build connections, and your career on SoundCloud.
So, how can you begin sharing stats from the SoundCloud Pulse app?
- Go to the Stats page in the SoundCloud Pulse app.
- Hit the “Share” icon in the top right corner, which will generate an image of your tracks’ stats, including plays plays, likes, reposts, and comments.
- Click the “Share” button to send the image out via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or any other platform where you connect with your fans.
- You can even download the image to save for comparisons against future stats.
- Use the #SoundCloudStats hashtag so the SoundCloud community can follow your journey.
We can’t wait to see you share your success and continue to grow your career on SoundCloud!
Today we’re giving creators even more flexibility on how they share their music on SoundCloud, adding seamless mobile playback of private tracks via the SoundCloud app.
Private sharing is used by millions of SoundCloud creators everyday to collaborate with other creators, share brand new music with a label or publicist, or offer fans an invite-only first-listen of their latest track. It’s just one of the ways that SoundCloud gives creators control over how their work is shared with the world.
Want to learn how to get started with private sharing?
- Open the privacy settings for any of your tracks by clicking on the ‘pen’ icon below the waveform on the web or on SoundCloud Pulse app.
- Next, click the bubble next to ‘private’ or ‘public.’
- Once your track is set to ‘private’, you can use the ‘share’ button to send.
- Recipients can open the secret link you’ve shared and play the private track on the SoundCloud app, mobile web, and web.